Guide to the creative design process and an introduction to the use of computers in live performance. Covers the main aspects of computer visualization and set design, providing techniques for 3D modeling and ideas for working in 3D space. For theater designers. Softcover. DLC: Theaters--Stage setting and scenery--Computer aided design.
Back Cover Copy
Theatre designers using 3D software for computer visualisation can use this book both as a guide to the creative design process and an introduction to the use of computers in live performance. Covering the main aspects of computer visualization and set design, the authors provide techniques for 3D modelling alongside creative ideas and concepts for working in 3D space. Practical projects are provided to sharpen awareness and digital skills, as well as a glossary of terms and suggested further... read more
Theatre designers using 3D software for computer visualisation in the theatre will find this book both a guide to the creative design process as well as an introduction to the use of computers in live performance. Covering the main software packages in use: Strata Studio Base, 3D Studio Max and 3D Studio Viz, the book provides techniques for 3D modelling alongside creative ideas and concepts for working in 3D space. Projects are provided to sharpen your awareness and digital skills as well as suggested further reading to broaden the scope of your theatrical and design knowledge. This book is both a useful day to day reference as well as an inspirational starting point for implementing your own ideas.
The authors are experienced trainers in the field and understand the pitfalls to be avoided as well as the possibilities to be explored using computer visualisation for designing theatre space. They provide insightful hands on descriptions of techniques used in the development of performance projects set in the wider context of design considerations. The book is highly informative about the technology of computer visualisation providing examples of working practice applicable to all software.
- Learn the creative possibilities of using computer visualization for designing theatre space
- Find both practical and inspirational advice for developing successful performance projects
- Examples of working practice are applicable to most software, including Autodesk Viz and 3D Studio Max
Guide to using the newest release of Autodesk Architectural Desktop. Discusses the features and functions of the 2004 release in an easy-to-understand fashion.
Create professional-quality building design projects using the newest release of Autodesk® Architectural Desktop! This concise manual focuses squarely on the rationale and practicality of the ADT (architectural desktop) process through lessons that emphasize "why" as well as "how" to help readers complete their projects successfully. The author, an experienced architect and instructor, discusses the features and functions of Release 4 in an easy-to-understand fashion that conveys a clear sense of its value, including each tool’s potential. The resulting up-to-date resource is chock full of real-life, tested advice from a certified professional on the usage of the software that will help shorten the learning curve for readers and instill confidence.
- "how to" exercises are practical and project-focused to give readers ample opportunity to learn by doing
- an emphasis on architectural production teaches readers to complete a proper set of construction documents rather than just floor plans
- helpful "Power User/CAD Manager" tips allow readers to benefit from the author’s understanding of managing CAD in today’s production environments
- the accompanying CD-ROM contains files for use when following along with the book and working through the exercises
- the Online Companion™ provides instant, online access to the Autodesk Press Web site for information on job resources, professional organizations, software updates, and more